Sunday, April 4, 2010

Countersteer Mod installed and tried! My thoughts....

Here you go, my current settings for my TA05, will subject to change from time to time.


Date:3/4/2010
Surface:Smooth Tile
Tires:F2
Motor/ESC: HPI Drift Meister 17T/Futaba MC330CR


Ratio:
Spur/Pinion = 70T/19T = 3.6842

Front Ratio = 40T/18T = 2.2222

Rear Ratio = 30T/20T = 1.5000

_________________________________
Front Drive Ratio = 2.2222 x 3.6842 = 8.1870

Rear Drive Ratio = 1.5 x 3.6842 = 5.5263

Countersteer Ratio = 8.1870/5.5263 = 1.4815

Countersteer Ratio(CSjunkies Standard) = 1.4815 x 100% = 148.15%


Settings:

Front:
Shock postition: Lowest
Camber: -3
Toe: 0
Ride Height: 4mm
Shock Oil: Trinity 25W
Springs:Tamiya Red

Rear:
Shock postition: Highest
Camber: 0
Toe: 2
Ride Height: 5.5mm
Shock Oil: Trinity 25W
Springs:Tamiya Yellow
_________________________________
My impressions:
I have not gone to mess around much with the settings and have tried it. Firstly, it was not very good to be honest. The amount of angle it give is not as much as i expected, which could possibly two things, the camber, caster and etc. It is my first trial and i cannot expect much. I did these all in 3 days which is very short. The Square Conversion have not arrived yet, Last weeks stock was sold off completly, so I will be picking them up soon. My ratio is 148%, i have plans to push it to near 170% or even 200%( Provided Square manufactures more centre pulleys)

Thoughts on the car itself:
I had a Shaft drive previously, the TB03, it was norm to have the power response, and slow drift recovery. Now i am using a belt drive, which is pretty much another world i went to. The TA05 felt very balanced, direction switching was good, problem is that i felt the lack of power instantly, which is pretty bad for me. Its like driving a 800Hp Supra with a heavy front, then switching back to a pure AE86 with 120HP stock....

Damage:
Yes, Motor caught fire.(No idea how) First it was smoke from the motor, sparks flying everywhere during runs, i could see them from almost 20 feet away.

After around 20 mins, commutator caught fire, had to use a water filled garden spray to put out.
________________________________
Will have more settings to put up, do watch my blog for more impressions in my Overdrive journey!

Thank you for your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment