Saturday, July 10, 2010

Upgrades!

Some more goodies coming along.
3Racing Servo Saver, Guess i needed that small increase in speed and precision in my servos.
This is the main course, Square 13T Centre One-way, pushing my cs ratio up to 205%, and disconnects the front wheels from the rear wheels.
Some random bling, TB03D Upgrade Pack Bumper Support, weighs 15g, helps in transition, but at the same time, the blue. ;)
Installed the servo saver, much more precise, but i realise that under high loads, the saver tends to bend..... :S, i think an aluminium one may be one the way.
15g added to my chassis, faster transitions, but sluggish for some reason.
The 2nd last piece of bling i had to scavenge, aluminium suspension mounts, if you guys do remember, it was plastic before.
Impressions, Belt is a little loose as i expected, being 72T, with the calculated teeth at 71T. oh and do you guys spot something? Worn belt in the rear, all the white fonts are gone.
Just a little picture i took out of my phone, this is basically the training track for SPRCD Overdrive drifters, quite big so that we have room for error. PVC is what we use here, even on Overdrive.

_____________________________________________________________________
This is my current setup sheet,

Make: Square
Model: Tamiya TA05 VII.

Date : 10/7/10
Track surface: Concrete/Tile floor
Tire: PVC, Drifter Street F2
Motor & ESC: ZTW 8.5T/ ZTW 60A

Front

Camber: 7 deg
Toe: 0
Kick up: 1mm
Caster hubs: 4 deg
Ride height: 3mm
Droop: 2mm
Springs: Stock Tamiya
Bumper weight: 15g
Trailing Steering Block: -
Sway-Bar: None
Shock Oil: Trinity 25wt
Other: -

Rear

Camber: 2 deg
Toe: 2deg
Kick up: -
Ride height: 7mm
Droop: 1mm
Springs: (unknown) Softer Stock Springs.
Sway-Bar: Hard(Blue Tamiya)
Shock Oil: Trinity 25wt
Other:-

Drive Train

Gearing:
Front Diff: Ball Diffrential
Front Pulley: 40t Square
Center: Square 13T Centre One Way
Belt: Square 73T

Rear Diff: Spool, Direct Coupling.
Rear Pulley: 30t Square
Center: 20
Belt: Standard 173T Square

Spur: 105
Pinion: 36
Other: CS Ratio 2.05

It is much diffrent from my previous 1.68 ratio, such that now the car is now nearly FR, i've had to counter steer all the way, pretty much with full lock, the good thing about having any One Way pulley/Diffrential, is that you will have a hand brake effect, as during braking, it locks up the rear wheels so that it skids, giving more angle. It is realistic as you see 1:1 drifters use it quite frequently for the same reason. It handles pretty well now, I have considered ADDING a Front One Way in front. :S Sounds Crazy? Thats how Chance Circuit/Hobby Stadium, D-Like setup is like.

1 comment:

  1. I've just found out your blog after a research about the Square drift conversion (that I plan to buy).
    Do that kit will be usable with TA05 VI parts, since this is the chassis I have?

    Any recommendations on what things to add to that kit? For information I currently run an Active hobby CS kit (the V1.5) which is about 1.55 over steer.

    Also I can see that you're a one way lover, as well as me, since I started rc drifting 4 years ago, I've always used those!
    Anyway I saw in some of the Dlike videos that they got rid of the one way, from what my little japanese skills could understand, they said that running a spool diff was giving them more control over the car while drifting, especially in terms of throttle control.

    Still can't convince me to get rid of my rear wheel lock!!

    Cool LFS video you have on your comment section, thats a friend of mine who made it!

    ReplyDelete